Last Updated: September 3, 2017
Elument Lighting is a registered trade name of Elument Innovations, LLC. Elument Lighting (“company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.elumentlighting.com (“website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect through your use of our website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party, or apply to any information collected by any third party (except as described below), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the website.
Section 1 | Information
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- personal information collected when you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, such as your name, address, and email address;
- information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website;
- any records and copies of your correspondence to us (for example by contacting us at the address listed at the end this policy).
If you contact us by email, you will be providing us with your email address, as well as any other information that you include in the email or that is part of the electronic record of such communication. It is your choice to contact us, and by doing so you are consenting to providing us with the information contained in such communications.
We may also collect information that you provide to us in association with requests for information that you make to us through the website. These may include requests to download information we make available on our website. In order to complete such requests you may be asked to provide your name and email address, or other information. We may retain this information, and use it to contact you with other information for example via email. However, you must opt-in to this process whereby you provide us with you consent to such communications.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns of usage of our website, including: details of your visits to our website, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways (such as described in the prior section). It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies may not be managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies (depending on the browser you use). Information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies is available from Adobe.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We may also include a web beacon in association with persons that have provided us with name and email addresses through the requests for information described above in this policy that will allow us to track usage.
Information We Provide to You
With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other general company updates.
We may provide you with opportunities to subscribe to email lists. This is purely voluntary on your part and we will only use your registration information to provide you with related information in which you may be interested. We will not give or sell this email list to anyone outside of Elument Lighting or our business partners, or as described elsewhere in the policy. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please follow the unsubscribe link provided in subscription confirmation email notifications or send an email to the address listed at the conclusion of this policy.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track Signals: Many browsers have the ability to select an option that sends a signal to websites that you visit that you do not want to be tracked. The application of do not track settings are determined by individual tracking technologies, for instance, social networks and Google Analytics. You should review the terms associated with these applications. However, if you voluntarily provide information on our website, a do not track signal does not prevent us from saving the information provided.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us at the email address provided at the conclusion of this policy to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause harm of some type.
Section 2 | Consent
How do you obtain my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
P.O. Box 14012
Scottsdale, AZ 85267
Section 3 | Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. We reserve the right to disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or our website;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our website users is among the assets transferred;
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information under the following conditions:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our customers or others.
Section 4 | Online Store
Our store is hosted on WordPress in conjunction with WooCommerce and Square payment gateway integration. This provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
We have implemented industry standard measures designed to secure any personal information that we might have from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you, and the care you use in disclosing and protecting your information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Section 5 | Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy statements
Section 6 | Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Section 7 | Age of Consent
By using this website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this website.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
We do not warrant or guarantee the availability for use or the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, and other items contained on this website, server or any other server. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites that are linked from this website, you do so at your own risk.
Additional information is available within our Terms of Service. To view our Terms of Service, click here.
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
P.O. Box 14012
Scottsdale, AZ 85267